2003-2004 Kick-off Meeting
20032004 Goal Have Fun
$300 Contribution to Childrens Education Funds for Condon & ODonnell
Motion & Seconded Chapter will make contributions to both funds
2003-2004 Game Fees and Leagues
Overtime: DVCHC NO
MACHA 5 minutes / 4 on 4
ACHA?? 5 minutes / 4 on 4
DVCHC Game length are determined by Home Team
Web Based Assignments (Demonstration)
General approval from all members
Reminder: Regularly block dates & times, because games and officiating slots are constantly changing.
Clink on game number to find partner (partner will appear only after that person has accepted games).
Will this application sync with other applications? (Paul)
2003-2004 New Rules and points of emphasis
Tests & Rule Books
Hitting to the Head
Goalkeeper chin straps & mouth pieces
Line change modifications:
- 5 seconds & 8 for home team
- Must signal to benches the on-ice strength before changes begin
Goaltender interference assigned point of emphasis
Time-outs may be taken anytime during the game
Players must be stationary at face-offs
High sticking is determined by height of the puck striking the stick
Goaltender Face Masks At the ECHA league meeting, a couple of helmets were brought in. The helmets are adjusted using the back head piece and not the chin straps. This rule is going to be very difficult to enforce uniformly. Please use common sense and make sure the helmets are as secure as possible.
The league coaches would like us to pay particular attention to hits to the head after the whistle.
Probationary Membership Guidelines
Officiate at least the 2 year average number of games officiated
Be proficient with rules and game management
Mark Smith will coordinate Probationary Member feedback
Much debate with several good ideas.
Motion and seconded:
1) Members are asked to fill-out evaluations of probationary members
2) Mark Smith will contact officials to solicit comments about probationary members
3) A committee will be created to help create an evaluation as well as the guidelines to be used in the evaluation.
4) Board members will make every effort to work with and evaluate probationary members
5) Goal is to have 4 evaluations for each probationary member
6) All probationary from the 2002-2003 status will put for a membership vote in Dec
7) New probationary members guidelines as listed above
October 10th ACHA Showcase
NIHOA needs to demonstrate value to our existing clients.
Improve communication with clubs
-weekly contact coaches for feedback on the past weekends games
Signing multi year contracts with clubs
2003-2004 Meeting Dates, Checks & Agenda
-Everyone must forward completed tests to Soupie by Oct 1st
Oct 1st Rules Meeting
Oct 8th Rules Meeting
Dec 10th Checks & Probationary Membership Status
Feb 4th Tournaments & New Officers Nominations
Mar 24th Checks & Voting (Probationary & Officers)
May 4th Year End Meeting & Golf